Applications for the position will be accepted until March 15th. Position is to be filled by April 1st.
Calista West is looking to hire a Sales Director. This senior level role asks that you first and foremost are a subject matter expert of diamonds and gemstone within the fine jewelry industry. You also have a proven track record of high level and successful sales experience. This is necessary as you will oversee all facets of sales interactions and transactions, including but not limited to, the initial consultations, sourcing diamonds, liaison with production, presenting personalized selections to the client, and ensuring timely deadlines. To help facilitate the success of these responsibilities, you naturally place others at ease through your communication, as well as your ability to create beautiful and safe environments, for both your clients and those you manage. As you will be a primary representative of the brand and business, it is critical that you deeply understand the brand aesthetic and align with its values. You feel purposeful when you are learning about your clients and enjoy nurturing connections for continued relationships. This care translates well into a particular attention to detail and organization that helps to maintain all client information, inventory intake, and CRM updates. Additionally, you have experience managing others and enjoy mentorship.
Personally, you are self-aware and adaptable. Driven by being an integral part of the brand and business day to day and for future growth, you approach work and clients with a can do, problem solving mindset. You take pride in presentation, and enjoy creating curated high touch experiences for others. Additionally, you are a clear and kind leader, who understands delegation and what is needed to build a successful team culture.
Logistically, this role asks you to live or relocate to Nantucket, MA full time. We will support this requirement by covering moving costs and providing housing as needed. An openness to travel for client meetings and market relevant events is essential. Additionally, at least a one year commitment to the role is required, which will be accompanied by a signing bonus and a non-compete agreement. Other compensation considerations include commission, bonus, and benefits. Salary will be based on experience and expertise.
Please see the bulleted responsibilities, requirements, and other details below. If this sounds like you and is of interest, we can’t wait to meet you.
- Accomplishes objectives through effectively managing staff, planning, and evaluating team activities.
- Maintain staff by participation in the recruitment, selection and training of new employees.
- Implement business policies and delegate tasks to team members.
- Ensure that inventory of items from clients, vendors, gem labs are recorded accurately.
- Source diamonds and gemstones for special projects, client repairs and stock repairs
- Grade, sort, and organize diamonds and colored stones
- Check incoming and outgoing orders to/from vendors
- Place special orders for stock and clients
- Support the team in all incoming repairs for clients and stock items
- Ensure that all shipments incoming and outgoing are properly packaged and on time
- Maintain organized paper and electronic documents and certificates
- Provide quality assurance inspection and communicate QC issues with contractors
- Communicate orders with messenger to pick up/drop off pieces as needed
- Interpret and review CAD rendering for approval
- Ensure all orders are delivered on time
- Generate sales through effective client building
- Use extensive diamond and bespoke product knowledge to act as an expert for the customer
- Generate sales through social media
- Achieve an environment for our clients that is reflective of the Calista West aesthetic and company values
- Oversee all facets of sales transactions
- Initial consultation/Identify client needs
- Work with production team on sourcing diamonds
- Present diamonds to client (both local and long-distance) and finalize setting design
- Close sale
- Oversee production timeline
- Maintain continuous and effective communication with client through sales cycle
- Maintain all customer information in an organized manner for our CRM program
- Maintain a high level of awareness and concern for inventory control and loss prevention
- Demonstrated ability in custom design work and redesigns of heirlooms with a well rounded aesthetic
- Manage all business communications
- Achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual sales goals
- Enjoy helping team members to grow and develop in their career
- Ability to read and interpret work orders
- Keen eye for details and attentive to the fulfillment process at start and finish
- Clear communication skills
- Must be highly organized, proactive, and ability to prioritize
- Understands working in a fast-paced environment with ability to multi-task without sacrificing details or quality of work
- Team player, can-do attitude, no task too small - assists and supports colleagues as needed
- Continuously adapts as the business evolves and grows
- Professional selling skills and exceptional interpersonal skills - understand fundamentals of how to sell and adapts style depending on the client’s demeanor
- Subject matter expert for diamonds and fine jewelry
- Ability to continuously adapt as the business evolves and grows
- Must be highly organized, proactive and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proven sales record
- Minimum of 3 years of prior retail sales experience in fine jewelry required
- GIA Graduate Gemologist degree preferred
- Previous experience working in a supervisory role required
- Resourceful/fast learner with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Be organized with rigorous attention to detail
- Have strong problem-solving skills
- Have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in data entry - must be able to conduct, interpret and utilize data accurately and appropriately
- Must be proficient with Mac computers, and Google Suite
- Full-time role located on Nantucket Island
- Available to work M-F and on weekends
- Travel may be required to meet with clients off island
- Company vehicle provided for travel to clients in the local New England area
- Manicure allowance
- Health, Vision & Dental Insurance for full time employees
- We offer generous employee discounts on our fine jewelry
- Paid time off including 1 week during the High Season (July-August)
- Potential for a more flexible schedule January-April with some WFH, but must still be "on island”
The base salary of this position is predicated on experience and is to be discussed, plus commission, and discretionary bonus
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Opens in a new window.